Mosaic Building regulations
- 1. The mosaic must consist of maximum 300 cubes, provided by the organisation team.
- 2. No other objects must be used in the mosaic.
- 3. The cubes have a standard colour scheme with faces in white, yellow, red, orange, green and blue.
- 4. The cubes may be in scrambled position at the start of the building.
- 5. The cubes must stay fully assembled, with their own pieces.
- 6. The mosaics must be designed and built by a team of maximum 3 members.
- 7. The time limit for building is 60 minutes.
- 8. Each team will be scheduled for a specific start time and end time to build the mosaic.
- 9. If a team arrives late, the team may still use the time until the end time to build the mosaic.
- 10. If the event overlaps with a competitor’s start in another event, then it is the competitor’s responsibility to ask for another starting time in the other event.
- 10. The design may have any shape, with a maximum size of 50 cubes from one side to the opposite side, and maximum height of 1 cube, so no stacking.
- 11. Only the upper side of the design is taken into account, not the other 5 sides.
- 12. The design may be made before or during the competition.
- 13. Designs must not already have been used in other Mosaic Building competitions.
- 14. Pictures will be taken of each mosaic. These pictures will be printed and posted on the wall during the competition.
- 15. All designs may be published on internet by the organisation team.
- 16. The mosaics are judged by an independent team of 3 judges, at the end time or when the building has finished.
- 17. The mosaics are judged as a beauty contest, on originality, beauty and attractiveness.
- 18. Each judge must give a score of 1 to 10 points for each mosaic, with 1 being the worst possible score and 10 being the best possible score. Half points may be given (like 7.5 or 9.5).
- 19. The total scores of the judges is the result per team.
- 20. If any of the top 3 finishing teams has the same result as another team, then the leader of the organisation team will decide which team finishes better than the other team(s) with the same result.